Sun, Mar 13|
Helga's Training and Fitness Session
Helga will share her technique for long-term fitness success. Her approach can be effective for all: whether you are just starting out or if you have plans for a big event later in 2022. Or if you are just wanting to shake off the covid fog.
Time & Location
Mar 13, 2022, 10:00 AM – 11:00 PM CDT
St. Louis, 5595 Grand Dr, St. Louis, MO 63112, USA
About the event
Join us for this fun and free event:
Thinking about a big adventure in 2022? Summiting a 14er in Colorado? Jogging a 10K? Taking an extended walking tour of London?
Helga (1) will provide practical advice to help you train and (2) you will have the chance to do some training on Helga’s Hill (aka Art hill) with Helga as a guide.
Planning details for Forest Park Training event on Sunday 3/13
• Meeting time: 10 AM
• Meeting place: Grand Basin at the bottom of Art Hill See Red dot on map of Forest park and google map link https://www.google.com/maps/place/Art+Hillfirstname.lastname@example.org,-90.2937109,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x4bce90957d655473!8m2!3d38.6403391!4d-90.2937109
• Dress: Layers and good walking/hiking shoes
• Food and drink: Bring some water and snacks
• Rest rooms: There are not restroom real close
• Parking: Should be plenty of free street parking on Lagoon Drive
• Go/No go plans: We plan to hike rain or shine or cold or heat
Plan for the event
· Start with quick general advice on pacing and the rest step
· Then, hiking/walking/jogging on Helga Hill (aka Art Hill) or in the area
a. we refer to each round trip up and back as a “Helga”
· Hot chocolate and fellowship to follow
Follow up: We will hold a zoom session later in March with a Wash U expert to discuss safely training for a big event